The SVP, New Business Development and Managed Services Sales is responsible for leading the Modis Enterprise national new-business sales teams in the company’s overall sales strategic initiative and in the development and execution of client value creation strategies and tactics. Additionally, this role will be responsible for leading the Modis Managed Services (MMS) offerings through designing and delivering products and services that provide compelling values & experiences focused on end-to-end stories around IT managed services and Digital solutions. Develops strategic plans to ensure account retention, increased client loyalty, portfolio expansion, revenue growth maximization, and margin improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic direction and thought leadership with primary responsibility for acquiring new-logos, maximizing growth and developing and executing innovative strategies to achieve objectives.
- Define product strategy and roadmap with internal team(s) and business leaders for assigned products/services that is customer-focused, differentiated, and compelling LOB profitability goals and resource optimization based.
- Drive product planning through research, customer feedback, competitive analysis and market requirements to investigate and validate customer needs and market fit.
- Effectively translate client’s pain points, feedback, market drivers etc. to product strategy & product requirements.
- Communicate product positioning (value proposition, key messages, competitive positioning, etc.)
- Forecasts and sets short term and long term budget, Sales, Revenue and Account Level Profitability to ensure that all objectives will be reached.
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out sales service initiatives.
- Develops annual sales plans in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Ensures communications are coordinated and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Marketing leadership.
- Provides leadership and direction on sales leads and opportunities to ensure sales growth.
- Aligns Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with organizational as well as Modis goals (incl. account retention, client satisfaction/ loyalty, revenue growth, profitability, forecast accuracy).
- Coaches, mentors and inspires others in Modis’ value-based methodology, product & services portfolio and CRM platform to achieve client and internal objectives.
- Identifies sales and value creation opportunities through collaborative client engagement techniques.
- May oversee the management and administration of account contracts.
- Develop and negotiate framework and service agreements within MMS.
- Leads and participates in sales presentations and sales meetings.
- Collaboratively address client opportunities, issues and solutions with field and centralized services teams including - when applicable - international colleagues.
- Provides business management and status reports reflecting organizational performance and short/long term trends.
- Manage relationships with technology partners to address unique market needs and accelerate product success
- Leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree or sales, marketing, business or a related field with a minimum of eight (8) years of business development / account management, including a minimum of five (5) years of people management, experience required. Minimum of fourteen (14) years of equivalent combination of post high school education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Prior IT/Engineering experience is highly desirable. Willingness and ability to travel 50%+ also required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong experience in selling staffing and services to large Enterprise clients in the US.
- Demonstrated background in running a biz development team.
- Exposure to Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Demonstrated relationship with C level clients
- Strong network within the Industry – thought leader
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise solutions.
- Ability to identify and/or document existing and new processes as well as evaluate their effectiveness, develop improvements and/or recommend changes or alternatives.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team oriented environment.
- Ability to establish strategic financial and budgeting plans.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply sound leadership practices, including developing employees by inspiring, encouraging and providing constructive criticism to improve performance.
- Knowledge of training methodologies and the ability to develop and deliver technical/operational training to various levels of employees.
- Ability to remain highly self-motivated and ambitious in achieving sales goals.
- Ability to prepare and deliver successful sales presentations.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply employment-related laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively utilize Customer Relationship Management and sales related tools, such as Salesforce.com.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.